We aim to make this new buy & sell feature as simple as possible for both buyers and sellers. So we’ve outlined some very simple rules and guidelines to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
If you want to Buy or Sell items on Ultra168, the very first thing you need to do is make sure you’re a subscriber to this website – If you’re not, you can’t buy or sell. If you’ve already done one of the things below, you’re fine and we have your details:
- You are an Ultra168 Supporter (all in; races; gear)
- You are an Ultra168 Subscriber i.e. you have provided us with your name and address details
- Bought an item from Ultra168 in the past
If you’ve done none of these, you need to sign-up to ensure you have an account and log-in details.
Simply click on the ‘free’ subscriber tab and add your details. Remember to keep your username and password to handy too.
Once you’ve done that you’re ready to start selling and you can ‘Add An Action’ here.
The most important thing to note is that the very core foundation of this website and what we do relies on TRUST. That is trust of the people who sell items and then send them on and trust that buyers will do the right thing and pay for what they bid upon. Anyone found to be abusing ‘trust’ will have no second chance. They will be instantly banned from the website. We’re a small community of people and idiots stick out like a sore thumb.
Here are some important things to note about the process for buyers and sellers:
- Once you fill in the form here, this will be sent to us. We’ll look over it, make sure it has all the right information and then upload it ready for people to bid on the item.
- You can auction as many items as you like, however you must fill in a form for each item.
- Once the item has been ‘won’, payment for your item will be made via your nominated payment receipt that you added on the form.
- PLEASE NOTE: A 1.5% admin fee is deducted from all winning auctions e.g. If your item sells for $100, you will receive $98.50
- Buyers pay all postage costs
- Once you have received payment for your item, you will be sent details of the buyer and you should take no longer than five working days to post the item to the buyer. If you think it will take longer, you must advise us / the buyer and agree accordingly.
- Any failure to post the item once payment has been received will mean an instant banning from the website.
- If you bid on an item and you win, you are expected to pay for that item
- PLEASE NOTE: A flat $1.75 fee is added to the final cost of the winning item to cover bank/paypal transaction fees – Sorry, I hate doing this but it’s an unavoidable fee of the process.
- Ideally, payment will be made almost immediately after the auction is complete. However we know this is not always possible and we expect payment to be made within three working days upon winning the auction. This can be extended upon agreement with us / the seller.
- Any failure to pay will mean an instant banning from the website.
- Buyers pay all shipping costs
Below are some further notes/policies to consider for Buyers and Sellers:
Prohibited and restricted items
Our policies are often based on country and state laws, although in some cases, they may also be based on input from our customers and our own discretion, especially for dangerous or sensitive items.
Our policies cover 3 main areas – prohibited, restricted and potentially infringing items:
- Prohibited items are not allowed to be sold on Ultra168, often because they’re illegal or involve strict legal regulations. Examples include:
- Chance listings that promote giveaways, random drawings, raffles or prizes.
- Firearms, weapons and knives.
- Offensive material, which includes items that are racially or ethnically inappropriate.
- Prohibited services, which include services that are illegal or sexual in nature.
- Restricted items can generally be sold on Ultra168 but only under certain conditions that sellers are required to meet for example, they would meet the regulations of the country being sold in and sent to. Examples of items include:
- Artefacts, cultural heritage
- Healthcare products
- Potentially infringing items may be in violation of certain copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights. So some items are not allowed (even though they may be legal) because they often violate copyright or trademark laws. This also applies to certain types of information that appear in listings. Here are some examples:
- Replicas, counterfeit items and unauthorised copies
- Sellers can’t deny or reject any knowledge of or responsibility for the authenticity or legality of their items
- If you use text or an image that was created by someone else, be sure that you have permission to use them from the creator or intellectual property rights owner
To use Ultra168 Buy & Sell effectively:
- Select a category that matches the item for sale.
- Provide a clear, honest and accurate description about the item.
- Avoid tactics like keyword spamming because they make it hard for people to find what they’re looking for.
It’s against our policies to do anything that manipulates the search or browse experience on Ultra168 Buy & Sell. This applies to all parts of a listing, including the title, subtitle, product details, description, pictures, links and meta tags. If you use tactics that can inappropriately divert bidders and buyers to a listing, we will take action.
Other rules include not using profanity in a listing.
Completing the sale
If your item sells, it is expected that the buyer will send payment and the seller will send the item.
Examples of actions that are not allowed on Ultra168 Buy & Sell:
- Bidding on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability.
- Interfering with another member’s transaction.
- Accepting payment and sending an item that is significantly different from the item described in the item listing.
- Charging buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment including acceptance of cheques, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards.
When something goes wrong in the first instance contact Ultra168 owner, Dan Bleakman (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will begin a mediation process between the two parties.
- You can’t use Ultra168 Buy & Sell if your account contains false contact information.
- You must pay for any item you commit to buying. Some sellers use an auction-style format, allowing you to bid on an item. Bidding is fun, but keep in mind that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you agree to buy it has negative consequences.
- You can’t bid on your own item.
- Be careful about bidding on several items if you only want one. If you’re the winning bidder of more than one auction-style listing, you need to purchase all the items you’ve won, even if they’re the same or similar.
- You can only retract a bid under specific circumstances i.e. it was a mistake. Contact email@example.com
- Make sure that you read the listing description before you bid. Many of the problems buyers and sellers encounter are the result of simple misunderstandings about what is for sale and the terms of the sale. For example, some sellers only want to sell to bidders who live in a certain country, or who will pay using PayPal. Only bid on or buy an item if you can meet the requirements described in the listing.
- If you know the seller, you can’t bid on the item with the intent to increase its price or desirability artificially. This rule applies to family, friends, roommates, employees and online connections.
- If you buy an item from a seller in another country, you can’t ask the seller to mark the item as a gift in the customs declaration. This is illegal, and against our policies.
If you’re having a problem with a seller
- Be honest and have good intentions when you try to resolve a transaction problem.
- You can’t try to contact other potential buyers to ‘warn’ them about a seller. This is called transaction interference. If you have a concern about a seller’s behaviour, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org