I love that a new year comes with 365 days of possibilities. I look back on 2016 as a great year and look to the horizon of 2017 hoping to create a greater year.
With so many fantastic races on offer at both home and overseas, it’s always hard knowing what to race, but this year I really want to step up to the 100 mile distance.
Here’s my running schedule for this year (so far..)
- February: 9 dragons 50/50, HK
- March: Motatapu ultra, NZ and Buffalo stampede, AUS
- April: Oxfam 100km, AUS
- May: Ultra trail Australia, AUS
- June: World trail 50km, ITALY and Mont Blanc 80km, FRANCE
- July: Lake Sky ultra 54km UK
- August: TDS 125km, ITALY
- November: GSER 100mile AUS
I’m sure I’ll see many of your out on the trails, so come and say hi!
This year I also want to be better at sharing some of my recipes and writing some blogs, which I’ll share here on Ultra168 too.
I will keep them short but if there is something you want to hear about from me, please let me know!
Here is my recipe for the easiest falafels in the world and my favorite turmeric, miso tahini dressing (with a salad it’s the perfect dinner).
- 2 can chickpeas; drained
- ½ red onion; diced
- 1 bunch of coriander (or mint is really nice too!!)
- Spices (just go with it!! Some paprika, some cumin, ground coriander… create your own)
Put all ingredients into a processor, blitz until combined (with some chunky bits is OK too!), roll into balls and place on a baking tray in the oven for 10-20 minutes at 160 degrees
Turmeric, miso and tahini sauce
½ cup tahini; ¼ cup boiling water; 2tsp turmeric powder; 2tsp red miso paste; 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Put in blender, blend until smooth! This will last up to a week in the fridge and can get thicker so just add some more water before serving the second time… If it lasts that long!